Friday 23 October 2009

The anthems of your life

Have you ever thought about the songs that have joined you in your every day living for, maybe, the last 10 years?
Do you think that songs have become an essential part of your life? Isn't amazing remember and listen for a moment all of these anthems?

If you agree with me, let me tell you that yesterday I was searching through the Internet some news and interesting topics to talk about and suddenly I found an incredible article in the website of Daily Telegraph in which they listed the 100 songs that -according to them- defined the 00's.
The list is amazing, even though it has a lot of american artists, you can still have outstanding british music and other music's countries.
The article also describes a bit about music issues in these years and gives a brief description of either the song or artist.

My favourites are...
Mad World by Gary Jules (everytime I listen it, reminds me of this phenomenal movie Donnie Darko).
Since I left you by The Avalanches
Standing in the way of control by Gossip
Skinny Love by Bon Iver
Call on me by Eric Prydz
Dy-na-mi-tee by Ms Dynamite
Sex on fire by Kings of Leon
Babylon by David Gray
Run by Snow Patrol
Hallelujah by Alexandra Burke (who actually has just released a new single which is massive now here in London)
Patience by Take That
Paper Planes by MIA

What about you?...

Take a look of the article and remember those Wonder Years:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/6198897/100-songs-that-defined-the-Noughties.html

No comments:

Post a Comment