Tuesday 9 February 2010

It's all about...L O V E

'Bleeding Love' was named as the most played love songs in Britain

The former winner of X Factor's 2006 edition, Leona Lewis, might not only be happy that her first solo single Bleeding love was a former number one in Britain and stayed in the top of the chart for seven weeks.
She can proudly name herself as the "queen" of love songs in Britain since this massive hit was considered the most favourite love tune for britain's romantics.
As part of an investigation made by the Performing Rights Society (PRS), association which collects royalties on behalf of songwriters and composers, discovered that during Valentine's Day of the past years this has been the most played love songs by british people.
The list also includes international singers famous for their heart breaking love songs, like Celine Dion, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
PRS also named the most performed singleton songs that includes a wider variety and contemporary artists like Katy Perry, Destiny's Child and Bon Jovi.

Top 10 most-played love songs
1. Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
2. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
3. Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
4. Mariah Carey - Without You
5. Andy Williams - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
6. Elvis - Can't Help Falling In Love With You
7. Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
8. The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
9. Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You)
10. Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

'Bleeding love' by Leona Lewis


'I will always love' you by Whitney Houston


Top 10 most-performed singleton songs
1. Katy Perry - Hot N Cold
2. Destiny's Child- I'm A Survivor
3. U2 - With Or Without You
4. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
5. Beyonce - Irreplaceable
6. Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River
7. Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
8. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
9. Bon Jovi - It's My Life
10. James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover

Source: PRS For Music

'Hot n Cold' by Katy Perry


'Survivor' by Destiny's Child




No comments:

Post a Comment