Thursday 27 January 2011

I Am Love review

At the end, is all about Love


It is not the first time that happens to me, but this time was special, different, captivating.

I decided to watch the foreign film 'I Am Love', my attention was caught by only looking at the ad in the tube stations in London and also the trailer online was kinda interesting.


A few days later as I was watching the movie and listening to its music, my interest for getting not only the movie but the soundtrack started to grow and grow...then the last 10 minutes of the movie I was almost shivering, feeling the goose bumps all over my body and the orchestra playing a song called 'Harmonielehre Part III. Meister Eckhart and Quackie' was the last bit I needed to want the movie and the soundtrack in my personal collection.


Now Im in my room listening to the soundtrack and I can stop saying how marvelous it is, how powerful and touching is each of the compositions by the american composer John Adams, who also has a strong background in classical compositions and conducting orchestras and symphonies.


More than 60 minutes of music in just nine songs is all you need to feel the movie passing by in your mind as you listen to each song. Most of the compositions are original from Adams, although there are some excerpts taken from classic time operas.


Each composition fits perfectly in each of the movie scenes and the main character, played by Academy Award Nominee, Tilda Swinton. In fact, I believe every song, describes what Swinton feels and plays in the film.


But the most outstanding achievement is that different orchestras and symphonies from all over the world, such as the San Francisco Symphony and the Orchestra of the Opera de Lyon, contributed to the soundtrack, released in june 2010.


No wonder this movie has been nominated for Best Foreign Movie for the Golden Globe Awards and the upcoming BAFTA.

And I think at the end is all about love, love for passion, for music and sounds: a great combination of a great story, stunning perfomances and a delightful score...this is I Am Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment